Lauren you inspired me, so with your permission here we go...
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Started law school, moved in with my significant other, saw Metallica in concert, started driving.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No, didn't have one
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes my cousin! A long awaited bundle of joy, we are all blessed to have little Areo in our lives!!!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Fortunately no. Unfortunately, there are a few people who are very close to me who will likely not be here in 2009, which I am not happy about.
5. What countries did you visit? None but I did visit the East Coast, which contains way different people than LA, so that kind of counts haha.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More discipline and better control of my emotions.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 15th my one year, and October 7, my moms car accident.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Making it through law school and finals and living with boyfriend, and having to slowly help rehabilitate my mom physically and emotionally, my sister getting really sick, and myself getting really sick all in one semester. As I told the Dean at school, considering everything... I am doing pretty well.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not being serious enough when I had to be.... i should have not been so lazy about myself and my priorities... and I dont mean academically.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? one major one plus two sinus infections.... great timing was the worst part !!!
11. What was the best thing you bought? Metallica tickets... and I would pay a bundle all over again... technically, I should probably say my law school education, but for now its "borrowed" money.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? many.... I am proud of many people this year
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? those selfish enough to create strife for others, like the guy who hit my mom on the freeway, and left her there....
14. Where did most of your money go? all over the place, mainly school related and living expenses and gas before prices came down.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Metallica again sorry just went to the show a few days ago, still obsessing!!! and decorating with my boyfriend, cheesy I know. Oh, and my crim law professor, he is a riot!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Rihanna "umbrella," Maroon 5 "makes me wonder," all the songs Justin Timberlake came out with.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? about the same, I think
iii. richer or poorer? monetarily poorer (thanks, law school!), but richer because I am getting stronger
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? hung out with old friends
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Watching TV, avoiding other people
20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it with my family, watching the Lakers game, eating some good food.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008? yeah, the first time I ever fell in love, and boy is it amazing!!!
23. How many one-night stands? None.
24. What was your favorite TV program? i still watch sex and the city religiously, greys anatomy, bravo channel at large, and Erez got me started on Prison Break.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No, I just hate certain people more, like former President Bush the idiot. oh and reckelss drivers!!!
26. What was the best book you read? the garden of emmuna. to do list for 2009 read more... i really was bad in 2008.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? rediscovering how much I love classic rock. like appreciating led zepplin more, them and audiofly, my favoirte little duo from espana.
28. What did you want and get? a small school where I am not just a number anymore and people know my name and acutally really help me out!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!
29. What did you want and not get? in desperate neeed of a vacation!!!! hopefully by january will be accomplished
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Lord toooo many to name, I just saw Slumdog Millionaire last night, it changed my view about a lot of things, I encourage EVERYONE to see it!!!! also the duchess was really good, and once i see the Dark Knight I am sure it will be up there too!!!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 24 and my boyfriend took me to santa monica pier and unbeknownst to me we had sushi on the beach at night. He also wrote me a beautiful poem and put it in a jewlery chest he custom made with my pic on it. It was the most beautiful and sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me!!!! I wont forget it. I cried a lot hehehe
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? many things. but I have 2009 to get them done now... no regrets...
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? kind of bummy, I went to school in yoga pants and comfy sweats mostly, but I started dressing a bit more punky too when I am not in school.
34. What kept you sane? haha well last year I would have said alcohol, and I would say cigaretts for most of this year, but since I stopped that a few months ago, Yoga and friends and family and having the boyfriend to just sit with you when you are down really helps. But people laugh when I tell them, Yoga acutally makes me really high.... hahaha
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? President elect Obama all gave us hope. We are part of a new world now.
And my love for George Clooney never dies..
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Election year! um helllo.... and the fact that more people voted about farm animals than bonds to save childrens hospitals and dying children really got me ticked off, I mean no offense to the chickens or anyhting but sheesh people... oh and Prop 8 common california WTF?!?!?!!?
37. Who did you miss? old friends, my family in Iran the most.... i really need to go see them!!!
38. Who was the best new person you met? new friends from law school, which took a couple months for me to find! and amber and danny who have taught me much!!!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Afte my moms accident, I learned life is literally measured in seconds, and can change that quickly. So be greatfuly for every second good or bad, because until you are put in a truly horrible situation, you dont really realize how fragile a human life is. Sounds super cliche but I really didnt appreciate the human body or the gift of life like I do now. And hopefully none of you my dear friends have to learn this lesson the hard way...
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Don't let me be Misunderstood" by Nina Simone
"But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don't le me be misunderstood."